1.2K views

I sold an authentic (purchased myself at the Burberry store) luxury item on tradesy.com and sent it to the buyer.A few days later the buyer returned it to Tradesy to verify authenticity.

They said it was fake and sent it back to me in a plastic envelope and it is now ruined! They also closed my account with no notice. Their return policy allows for buyers to receive (and keep) authentic items and substitute them with fakes and then send to Tradesy to get their money back. So the buyers get the authentic item for free.

This company needs to be reported to the BBB and closed down.I will never do business with them again and I warn all sellers to beware!

Review about: Tradesy Account.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Policies and procedures, Customer service, How sellers are treated, Counterfeit items, Account suspension with no notice, Item damaged.

Comments

I don't believe they are a scam ...but they definitely need a better system with tracking authentic items sent being traded with fakes ...

Many buyers/sellers are definitely scammers ...

I was sent a fake bag ...returned it immediately ...

Maybe it was the person that switched the bag & reported it being fake

elenab

You can report them yourself.Its called fraud and enabling fraud.

I am filing my complaint (same thing, claimed an item i sold was a replica when in fact it was real; they refuse to send it in for authentication with the manufacturer).

Try Better Business Bureau, Federal Trade Commission, ICAA, Consumer Financial Bureau.Making false allegations and retaliating based on false allegations is most certainly against the law.