I "purchased" (or requested to purchase) a Louis Vuitton bag on Tuesday 2/24. My credit card was charged on 2/25.

It's now the 27th and the seller has yet to even confirm the purchase. It is illegal to process a charge if an item isn't readily available for shipment and by Tradesy's own admission, they don't know if the item is available until the seller confirms the purchase. I am now incurring interest charges on a bag I don't even know if I'm going to get. When I contacted Tradesy, they stated that they give sellers 5 days to confirm a sale.

That's all well and good, if they were only AUTHORIZING the charge on my card, but they aren't.

I will NEVER purchase anything from Tradesy again. I chalked my first bad experience (item significantly different than pictured) to bad luck.

This is unacceptable. I will stick to eBay in the future, and encourage everyone else to do so, as well.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

Newport Beach, California, United States #968197

Tradsey should authenticate and pre-screen the items by having them mailed directly to them first before debiting the buyer or paying the seller. Neither buyer nor seller has any protection under their current business model procedures.

kimberly6123

I understand your complaint. I missed out on two sales because Tradesy failed to notify me by email that the sales had actually been made.

After receiving a gazillion emails from the site, suddenly the emails stopped, and it was only when I received a shipping kit in the mail that I realized that a sale (actually two) had been made. Because five days had passed without my being able to confirm the sale, Tradesy automatically cancelled the sales -- and I lost out on nearly $100, which isn't a lot to some but is to me.

I hope those buyers got their money back from the cancelled sale! Tradesy's technology is lousy and it has denied my request to reimburse me for the sales it cost me.