I placed an order for Louis Vuitton Saumur 30 Monogram.Near New!

Date Code Mb4171 - Comes With Dustbag And Box Cross Body Bag 12/10/16 from Cassidy. This was my first time doing something like this. I own 3 purses, a travel bag and 2 LV wallets which I bought in store or on the LV site. However the bag I order is no longer in production so I decided to try this site.

What a mistake. I reviewed the seller's reviews and sent a message inquiring about the bag asking about authenticity and refunds. My plan was to take the bag to my local LV store for a "repair" to verify authenticity (LV stores do not verify authenticity but if you need a repair they will check the bag and tell you they cannot repair it if it is a fake. However the 4 day return policy would make it a bit difficult so I reached out to the seller as noted below.

I asked the Cassidy if I would get a refund if the bag is not authentic. To which she replied "Yes if the bag is found to be unauthentic a full refund is provided." I also asked Cassidy to include the original receipt and this was her response "I'm sorry, I don't have the original receipt but I will send the dustbag. I will ship Monday! Thank you" (Monday being 12/12/16) and the dustbag and box can be bought online.

So this concerned me and made me reconsider my purchase. I then wrote back and requested my order cancelled since there was no way to verify authenticity and the bag was priced @ $1407. I received a received the following response: "I'm sorry, I'm out of town and have sent all orders to my staff for fulfillment. This order can no longer be canceled.

To make you more comfortable please read my personal reviews on my tradesy profile. I have sold over 2,900 Louis Vuitton's on Tradesy with zero returns for authenticity." I then replied: "I'm confused because you said the bag would be shipped tomorrow. If that is the case I would think it could still be cancelled. I have read your reviews and all have been great.

However, that also makes me quite nervous because no on is 100% perfect. I guess if you cannot stop shipment I will just refuse acceptance and have it sent back. $1400 is a lot of money to pay for a bag that may not be authentic and without a receipt or the cards I cannot bring myself to trust the bag will be real. I appreciate your time and understanding.

I have also emailed the Tradesy team regarding the cancellation request to cover all of my bases in case I need to dispute this charge with my credit card company. Thanks again and have a great day. I'm sure you will find another buyer who isn't as fearful as I am because the bag is gorgeous." To which the Cassidy replied: "I understand it can be confusing but like most company's once fulfillment starts you can not cancel so I appreciate your understanding. Refusal of the package is no problem at all.

You will receive a site credit to purchase any bag or item of your choice. Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Holidays! Cassidy" I responded: "I place many online orders so I am familiar how most companies handle shipping and fulfillment. I was under the impression you were an individual selling your personal products and not a company.

Therefore the confusion. I will refuse the bag and I will receive a full refund to my Amex card. They have fraud protection. I will not be accepting a site credit.

- Also I am keeping all interactions with you and the customer service team. I also did a bit more research when I received your response to my cancellation request and what I found wasn't too surprising. https://tradesy.pissedconsumer.com/returned-items-generic-email-20161130964492.html. I really don't want this to become a big thing.

I'd just like you to cancel the order or issue a full refund to my credit card. I will not accept a site credit because the site cannot be trusted." Cassidy responded: "Thank you for your understanding. Cassidy" To which I responded: "I understand you will be shipping the bag and I will refuse or return it (if I am not home to refuse delivery). I will then contact my credit card company and have the amount credited to my account.

As I continue to read reviews on Tradesy, your name has come up quite a few times and the reviews were not positive like they are on the website. Again, no one is 100% perfect. People who do not own authentic bags may be fooled or people seeking knock offs but not me. https://tradesy.pissedconsumer.com/stay-away-waste-of-money-they-are-crooks-very-poor-business-practices-customer-is-last-sellers-take-your-money-with-no-concern-2158.html I am keeping all correspondence and articles to provide to Amex when requesting they investigate the fraud and credit my account.

Thank you for understanding, LaShon" After an hour of back and forth my order was magically cancelled. I just had to post this to warn others about this site and to also thank the people who posted reviews about the site. Hindsight being 20/20 I should have done more research prior to ordering but now I know.

I saved our online conversation and copy/pasted to this review.I can send a screenshot if necessary.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with idea of purchasing an authentic discontinued lv bag and stated that there is a room for improvement of seller could not provide confirmation of authenticity and sellers initial refusal to cancel my order. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "inability to provide proof of authenticity - return policy" of louis vuitton handbag and associated monetary loss in the amount of $1407. Tradesy needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned louis vuitton handbag in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Tradesy. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Yoogis Closet.

Had an Experience with Tradesy?

Comments

datatracker

Hi,

You said you read Cassidy's reviews.I didn't know Tradesy posted seller reviews.

Can you send me a link to Cassidy's or the let me know how I can find reviews.Thank you.

Hi Lashon,

Thank you for taking the time to review and bringing this site to my attention.I appreciate your input on my cancelation policy and I will adjust my policy to better serve future clients.

In regards to your purchase, the receipt was not included with the sale because I did not have it. That does not make it unauthentic. A receipt does not prove authenticity, as counterfeiters can easily doctor that. The item you purchased is 100% authentic just like the other 2,900+ bags I have sold on Tradesy.

I encourage everyone on this site to have any of my listings authenticated by a professional 3rd party authenticator if you do not want to take Tradesy or my word for it. I take what I do very seriously and stand behind every item I sell being 100% authentic. If anyone that reads this feed wants to make a purchase I will take $50 off any item in my store to better serve my clients.

Thank you for your time.

to C***idy Reston, Virginia, United States #1254479

Hi Cassidy, As i mentioned in our conversation i live the bag and would have been more than happy to pay full price.However i needed something to ensure it was authentic.

I'm aware receipts and other things can be doctored but i would think as someone reselling designer bags you would have some valid proof of authenticity. As i mentioned in my review and message to you, I have 6 pieces of authentic LV merchandise. I have the receipts, the bags, boxes and cards.

i know for a fact dustbags and boxes can be bought online so that does not help with my concern about authenticity.

Tradesy does not require the seller to prove authenticity and the refund policy is to give a site credit.

None of that sounds like the site is in the up and up.

I understand you value what you do and that's great but maybe you can provide a little more information that confirms authenticity so your buyer does not have to run out to have the purchase verified within 4 days or risk losing their money. Especially on pieces that are more than $500.

I'm absolutely heartbroken that i could not purchase the bag for fear it's not real. i've been trying to get this bag since September but unfortunately it is discontinued.

i would have purchase from you if you could authenticate the bag and the refund policy wasn't so ridiculous (site credit bs refund).

That may not be your doing but it could cause you to lose business.You may want to have a...

Many people would like to use the site and make purchase (including myself) but the shady return policy and authentication process make it difficult.

to Anonymous Reston, Virginia, United States #1254485

The anonymous reply was from me - i forgot to log in.

to Anonymous #1254742

I totally understand where you are coming from. If you would like to have it authenticated online with the photos using the company of your choosing I would be happy to take that price off of the price of the bag.

to C***idy Reston, Virginia, United States #1254755

Hi Cassidy - I would love to do that because as I've said previously I really love and want this bag. I will have to locate an online authenticator - I will contact you on tradesy

Hi Lashon,

Thank you for your time.

Please see the link below to the bag she purchased to assure the authenticity of this bag.

to C***idy #1254996

Thank you for adjusting your policy. Also the offer to take $50 off of an item is great as well.