I purchased a piece of luggage from EEG Closet on Tradesy and boy was I fooled...The luggage description said that it was gently used and had two scuff marks.

Before buying, I contacted EEG Closet to confirm and they said that the luggage had two small dots. I was ok with that. A couple of days later I received the luggage that I paid $510 for. One side of the luggage had hundreds of permanent dots all over it and what looked like something exploded all over the luggage.

On the handle area the plastic from the luggage was melted or something was splashed on it and that also could not be removed. The luggage was not gently used by any means. I contacted the seller and they did nothing. I contacted Tradesy the day I received it and they told me to return it to Tradesy, so I did.

Before I sent it back I took photos. About a week later, I received an email from Tradesy saying they reviewed the luggage and they feel the description from the seller was good, and would not refund my money and would only give me a Tradesy credit to use on their website. I am very upset because I simply wanted my money back based on the description represented in the Tradesy ad. I am completely shocked that Tradesy is doing this I will never buy from their website again.

I contacted Tradesy 4 times before I received a response 6 days later (they say 24-48 hours they will respond, but it took 6 days and me constantly having to call). They sent me an email from the returns department that basically stated that they have already released the funds to the seller and so I can't get my money back. Tradesy made a bad decision and denied my full refund.

It's the principle that Tradesy should stand by their buyers as well as their sellers.Buyers beware.

Review about: Rimowa Salsa Suitcase.

I didn't like: Awful, Misrepresented.

Had an Experience with Tradesy?

Comments

#1382078

I’m a seller on the Tradesy website.They are just as slow responding to the sellers!

Real people are only available about 5 hrs.only, on the Tradesy phone line( ( Mon.-Fri.). Of course, we don’t all live in their Ca. time zone, either. I go out of my way to be honest with customers.

It doesn’t matter to me, if a person is buying an expensive item from me, or something not expensive at all.

Everyone deserves respect and honesty!That piece of luggage looks like crap, for the price.