1.6K views
3.5
Privacy and Data Security
Turnaround Time

I recently sold a bag on Tradesy, that was like new. I shipped next day, and the buyer had it in hand within two days.

After about two weeks I received a message from support stating that I had misrepresented the bag, which was impossible because I throughly inspected it prior to listing. It was a hassle to get the bag back, and I had to send confirmation that I had paid their invoice via PayPal because apparently they had no record of it. Fast forward to today, I finally received the bag back, but not in the condition that I sent it in. The buyer intentionally damaged the bag to claim that it was misrepresented.

It is a shame that Tradesy conducts business in such a way that sellers have no recourse in these situations.

So, now not only am I out the money I spent to ship the bag to the buyer, but I am also stuck with a damaged item. Tradesy's reasoning for siding with the buyer was that I, "Didn't post enough photos to give the buyer a better idea of condition" even though I posted photos of all angles, inside and out.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to "the buyer needs to be held accountable for her actions and be forced to pay for the item that she damaged". HBD0309 is overall dissatisfied with Tradesy. The most disappointing about tradesy seller account at Tradesy was mistreatment of sellers, returning items due to change of mind and buyers can damage items and sellers have no recourse Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Yoogis Closet that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Tradesy.

Check out the best and the worst companies in E-commerce category for more informed decision or compare Tradesy to other companies on our site.

Comments

Same excat thing happened to me. I wonder if it was the same person?

to Anonymous #1040259

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it were! I have yet to hear anything back from Tradesy, but have since opened a PayPal dispute against them since writing the above complaint, maybe that will get their attention!