1.6K views
3.4
Turnaround Time

I recently sold a bag on Tradesy, that was like new. I shipped next day, and the buyer had it in hand within two days.

After about two weeks I received a message from support stating that I had misrepresented the bag, which was impossible because I throughly inspected it prior to listing. It was a hassle to get the bag back, and I had to send confirmation that I had paid their invoice via PayPal because apparently they had no record of it. Fast forward to today, I finally received the bag back, but not in the condition that I sent it in. The buyer intentionally damaged the bag to claim that it was misrepresented.

It is a shame that Tradesy conducts business in such a way that sellers have no recourse in these situations.

So, now not only am I out the money I spent to ship the bag to the buyer, but I am also stuck with a damaged item. Tradesy's reasoning for siding with the buyer was that I, "Didn't post enough photos to give the buyer a better idea of condition" even though I posted photos of all angles, inside and out.

Preferred solution: The buyer needs to be held accountable for her actions and be forced to pay for the item that she damaged. .

I didn't like: Mistreatment of sellers, Returning items due to change of mind, Buyers can damage items and sellers have no recourse.

Comments

Same excat thing happened to me. I wonder if it was the same person?

to Anonymous #1040259

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it were! I have yet to hear anything back from Tradesy, but have since opened a PayPal dispute against them since writing the above complaint, maybe that will get their attention!