1.1
Turnaround Time

I sold something on Tradesy and the amount I was told I would receive was actually the credit amount to be used on the site and a lesser amount if I wanted cash. Also that I would not receive the funds until 4 days after delivery.

First and last time I will work with Tradesy.

Plus they take the highest amount of fees. No thank you.

Review about: Tradesy Account.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

I have been selling on Tradesy for 3+ years with 700+ sales so I have MANY MANY issues with them. If you didn't receive your funds in 4 days there is some issue, but everything you seem to be upset about is their written policy and a seller should read it before they decide to sell.

I think their new commission/fees are EXORBITANT but the 4 day holding period for releasing funds does make sense to me and in my 700+ sales I received my money on the 4th day or earlier if it was a 'non' designer item.

I have made only 1 purchase,a kate spade purse, which I didn't need to remove from the box to know it was a fake. If Tradesy paid the seller when they shipped Tradesy would be out that money when I returned it if the seller had removed the funds and/or closed their account,which many disreputable sellers are now doing. If I ran Tradesy I would want/need to protect myself and not releasing the funds allows them to that.

Tradesy allows 4 days to request a return, is that too much, I can't say but the buyer does need at least 2 days. In my case the purse arrived the day before I returned from an emergency trip therefore I had 3 days to request a return;what if I had been delayed?

That's why I think no more than 3-4 days is reasonable but there is a caveat-buyers should NOT order items when they know they will not be home to request a return within 4 days-just tell the seller to delay shipping,nor should one buy anything unless they have emailed the seller beforehand.

Tradesy does NOT treat honest sellers fairly,ethically and they are bordering on illegally when an item is returned. I now email EVERY buyer before I confirm a sale and ASK them questions as to what they expect to receive,colors,etc and I will post more photos to cover myself if the item is returned. But I FIRMLY believe/know if an item is returned Tradesy will try to CHEAT me.

Plain and Simple. They have already done so to dozens of sellers I know.

Before selling or buying on Tradesy read their policy to know what you are getting into.