Wolf Point,Montana
Turnaround Time

I have sold over $10k on Tradesy.com and been fustrated in the way they do business but this last transaction has pushed me over the edge and will not be referring them to anyone.

My account was removed once and no explanation given which I see has happened to others as well. My account was reinstated after 5 phone calls to them, only to find out that I was not able to list cartoon character watches. They also have refunded a scarf to a buyer because I advertised it as New with tags and they said it was not new "WITH" tags, but only in a package that had the tag on the outside of it. Some items like silk scarves, I leave in the package instead of putting a hole in it with a tag, doesn't make it used which they said it was.

In the past they have accepted earrings that were antiqued (a process done with a lot of jewelry) saying they can not be new if they are antiqued which is totally false. In the listing I stated that I do NOT accept refunds/returns on earrings due to federal health laws. I had the items listed in the wedding catagory so that I did not have to accept returns. Tradesy refunded the customer and took the money from my account not once but TWICE. Today they updated their program and now the double refund is no longer available to view. With the update today you know longer can look at the item description to see how the listing was worded. I listed the ring as white gold filled, which it is, only for them to state it was refunded as being a fake.

Another instance, I sent the customer a genuine sterling silver bracelet and the customer received a refund on the item from Tradesy. When I received the item back it was not the item I sent and had been switched by the customer for a fake alloy bracelet.

In Feburary of this year they accepted a return from a customer and even though the item was as described, I was charged for the refund. 4 months went by with numerous emails and phone calls to Tradesy. The amount I was due a mere $13.65, yesterday they released the funds in the amount of $9.10. When questioned, I get no response.

I have requested documentation of the credentials of their so called "experts" but still have not gotten any and the question went ignored. All of my items are tested by a magnet, chemical test and electronic test to ensure the authenticity of them. They have refused to respond to my request as to how they check for the authenticity of an item. The customer service is poor, ok, HORRIBLE.

This last refund they did on a ring says it is a replica. They also first said it was a ring then in the same email referred to the item as earrings.

Numerous times they have held my funds, refunded for them twice, charged my account twice for the refunds and refused to adjust the earnings. I agree with other sellers who have reported them here. I think they are not being honest with sellers or buyers and keeping peoples money under false pretenses and something needs to be done. I would really like to see a class action suit brought against them for the dishonest way they are running a business. My next course of action is to report them to the National Consumers League initiative called the Internet Fraud Watch (IFW)3" and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC)."

I have been selling on Ebay, Bonanza, Webstore, Etsy, Thred UP, Facebook and other sites since 1999 and have a 100% feedback on all of them.

I never use their option of having Tradesy send me a shipping kit because, #1 It takes them SO long to send the kit and #2 They charge customers an outrageous amount of money to ship the items.

Please do yourself a favor and find a different venue to sell/buy your items. Though on Ebay it is difficult to make any money due to the flood of items from China, at least they answer your questions, treat you with respect and you get paid!

I liked: Ease of use in selling.

I didn't like: Not great for selling, Lack of consideration, Poor customer service, Incorrect authentication, Product authenticity.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 24, 2016.

Comments

Bellevue, Washington, United States #1180458

I find it hard to believe everything you are saying. Multiple returns back to back where you did "nothing wrong" item after item of yours being decalred fake (but none were fake) It is not in the best interest of tradesy to just make up false authentications, they are losing money in the process too!

Then you say refunds were take out twice on the same items multiple times? Either you are the most unlucky person ever to do business on tradesy, or you are bitter that you got caught doing unethical dishonest business within the site so you are now on a smear campaign against the company. I would bet money its the latter, because I see you on here responding to EVERYONES reviews saying the same thing over and over again, even when their review has nothing to do with "what happened to you" you just blindly agree with every negative statement made about the site.

I have no affiliation with them other then being on their site as a successful buyer and seller for over a year, and I call BS when I see it. Never once in over 80 sales/purchases has tradesy ever let me down, so Im finding your story really hard to believe.