Newton, Illinois

I purchased two bags ,both where fake .. i was then told that Gucci stores can't tell if bags are real or fake .but there employees can .

Please try that *** with someone else.

Thank God for American Express. .

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Tradesy. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Yoogis Closet that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Tradesy.

Check out the best and the worst companies in E-commerce category for more informed decision or compare Tradesy to other companies on our site.

Comments

Employees have no idea. Buyers also have no idea half of the time.

We only purchase direct from the factory stores, and we get complaints for fakes all the time. Funny, I just purchased the bag yesterday at the Gucci store personally, it never left my sight all day til I shipped it to you.

I have also sold thousands of Gucci bags, and am pretty sure I can tell what's real and what's not. But I'm sure you are right, because your cousin got one for her bday and yours just "feels different" ;)

On the same token, sometimes Buyers complain about fakes without having a clue. We sell around $1 million per year on various platforms, and get approximately 50 complaints of fake per year.

Mind you, we purchase inventory direct from the manufacturers and have receipts for each bag (Gucci, Michael Kors, Burberry, etc.) It's extremely frustrating experience having to deal with know it all buyer that "felt" that the bag was fake. Sometimes they claim they took it to a store and they told them it was fake. Hilarious. Most of the time is "my cousin has one and this one feels different" type of thing.

My favorite one, however, is the "I brought it to Macy's and the employee there told me it was fake"... Half of the time the employees at Gucci and Michael Kors have no f-n idea what I'm talking about when I'm at the store asking for models and colors. They got a job 30 days ago, and go back to college next month. I've sold bags millions of their bags...

I only wish Buyers did a little research before they cried "fake" all the time.

I started sending pictures of complaining Buyers, with me holding the bag and the receipt at the store, next to the shelf with all the other bags while shaking hands with the GM.

It's true - people who work at Gucci and Versace are only salespeople, and are not qualified to authenticate merchandise. I called Versace personally in the past, and the lady told me this.

Bottom line - you have to know what to look for. There are so many fakes out there, and so many people don't know when they're being ripped off.

***, sometimes sellers don't know they're selling a fake! They bought it from a second-hand store or on eBay and think it's authentic.

I also believe their authentication process is a joke. Tradesy does not want to resell a high end bag and return your money so 9 times out of 10 they will say the bag is real. My advice DO NOT buy a luxury brand on Tradesy unless you want to run the risk of losing your money.