1.5
Additional Fees
Privacy and Data Security
Turnaround Time

Terrible for sellers! You don't get your money in a timely manner.

Not until after the buyer has you item and can review it. So what's to stop them from damaging it or changing it out for something fake? At least with ebay you get paid immediately. Also they are dishonest about their layout policies.

Tell you one thing but in reality it's another. Also I shouldn't have to provide my social security number.

EBay doesn't require it. Avoid selling on tradesy at all costs!!!!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problems with payment of tradesy customer care. Tradesy needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned tradesy customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Tradesy. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Yoogis Closet.

Comments

Newell, North Carolina, United States #1224104

I sell on Tradesy & they didn't ask for my ss#. I've never had an issue getting my money, 4 days is not that big a deal.

I don't understand if you don't like it sell elsewhere.

I'm happy with every item I sold & so where the buyers. Not one single complaint or return bcuz I'm honest.

to Anonymous #1257583

If you are selling high-end designer merchandise (Prada, Givenchy, etc.), you have to provide a SSN or Tradesy puts a hold on your funds for 21 days (plus an additional 2-5 to transfer to your bank / PayPal). So sellers have to wait nearly a month to get paid and keep their fingers crossed that the customer doesn't use the item or send a fake one back.

In addition to the 50% commission increase and heavy competition with big resale stores, Tradesy is much less seller friendly. On lower end items (such as when I'd sell Anthropologie clothing) it isn't as problematic, but selling high end items has been a bit of a nightmare.

Fairfax, Virginia, United States #1219853

I definitely WILL NOT sign up to get "verified" by Tradesy as they are requesting way too much personal information like SSN# which should be ALWAYS protected at all cost. They don't seem to have a good reputation at being consistent so I wouldn't trust them to handle my personal info.

At the same time it's absurd they have a 21-day hold if you choose not to get verified. I would rather choose the latter or not sell on this site and move to another.

SELLERS BE CAREFUL! Not worh trying to get "verified" as your SSN# and other financial/banking info's a lot more valuable!

to Anonymous Boca Raton, Florida, United States #1229551

As a fellow reseller, why is that any different than any other site? You want to run a business and not give verifiable information on who you are?

A Chinese scam seller or even a terrorist can set up a phony business and be funneling money to an illegal activity, I am sure its reasonable to ascertain the reason why they ask for the information.

a ss# is required for most things in life in America, opening a business, applying for a job, a loan, opening a bank account the list is numerous. Don't want to wait 21 days to be paid, then verify who you are, like with most things in life.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #1219069

I totally agree because someone purchased sunglasses from me that were in good condition and Tradesy allowed the buyer to return based on their subjective opinion that they were more used than specified when the pictures clearly shown the condition of the sunglasses. I feel like the buyer damaged my merchandise to get out the sale.

Tradesy does not support sellers they have a reputation to uphold to the buyer of money back guarantee. A good site with work for buyer and seller to have win win for both parties or at least some resolution.

to Anonymous Boca Raton, Florida, United States #1229556

Yeah? Tell me which site so I can sell there.

How many sellers over inflate the condition/description of an item to get maximum value? How many pictures show every little scratch and blemish?

Selling used items is subjective and your good condition could translate differently to the buyer. Nothing you can do about it, it's part of the business, best to offer returns and great customer service so when a buyer remorse happens, the buyer doesn't purposely damage your item to get a refund, take your shipping loss and move on.