Extreme price gouging on shipping. $18. For a 3oz item?

No way!!

Rip off consumers.

Never again!

Product or Service Mentioned: Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 11, 2016.

Comments

I don't know if you are the buyer or seller but this is how shipping works on Tradesy. The SELLER controls the shipping cost by choosing 1 of 3 options under "Shipping Options" when the item is listed.

First option: If you choose "shipping kit" the price Tradesy charges is based on the listing price not the weight because they don't know how much an item weighs and they certainly don't have time to review every sale to determine its weight or take a guess, they have 1000s of sales a day so it is an automated system- clearly this method is flawed but a seller does not have to use it and I know no one who does. Tradesy will then send a shipping kit.(I never use this option because the prices are always more than $8.50 and their shipping kits are usually a plastic bag with a label.) Second option:Tradesy always offers $8.50 to ship when you select "Send Me a free printable label" you then print the label and package the item.(I use this option if I can't ship it for less.) Third option: The seller can choose "I'll use my own postage and packaging" option and charge WHAT THEY WANT. (I NEVER use this option because when I list an item I have no idea where the buyer lives so I don't want to risk paying more than $8.50-nor will I overcharge a buyer).

I have been selling on Tradesy for 3 years and have over 800 sales and over 1000 listings so I have had a lot of experience with this process.

I don't want others who read this blog to get the impression that Tradesy is responsible for the shipping cost and stay away-- it is bad for my business :).