Tradesy does not offer seller protection

First off, I'd like to say I've sold many items on Tradesy and have never had any issues because all my items are authentic and in the condition that I say they're in.This is the 1st time I've encountered this issue and see that Tradesy does not protect the seller.

I posted this item for sale. When I shipped it out the item was practically brand new (only worn once). The funds were deposited into my account. A few days later, I got an email regarding a return request for this item.

No big deal, I figure the buyer changed her mind. Tradesy claims they reviewed the item they received back against the pics I posted and said the item was not as described. Well of course not. The boots I received back were completely mutilated.

It looks as if the buyer chewed thru the heel (and these are rubber wedge heels). and so now the boots are completely destroyed and worthless. If Tradesy reviewed the item against the pictures as they've claimed, they'd clearly be able to see that the heels looked nothing like the pictures that were originally posted. So now I'm out the $109.00 and the boots.

Clearly they're not doing anything to protect the seller. Am closing my site down.

If this site does not do anything to protect the seller, who's to say the next buyer won't destroy my mdse to get a full refund.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Mistreatment of sellers

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Pons Quintana Boots
Review category
Auctions and Internet Stores
review #843391 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Tradesy? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 24 #1177463 Wolf Point, Montana

Same thing happened to me only mine was a sterling silver bracelet. Customer returned a fake bracelet from China claiming it to the be the one I sent. They could care less about it all and now I am out my nice sterling silver bracelet and the money and left with a pos alloy Chinese bracelet.
Do yourself a favor and skip this website for selling or buying. They took the money from my account and gave the buyer "tradesy credit" so I guess the only one how came out on top was Tradesy.

1 1 Reply

May 12 #1157662

Tradesy only protects themselves and their bottom line. So many people complain about dishonest sellers but what about the dishonest buyers like the one you had. Unfortunately Tradesy is no different from eBay,Poshmark,ThreadFlip etc they have both sellers and buyers who are dishonest -just like in life there is always someone who wants to cheat.

5 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.