3.4K views

I ordered a LV for over $1300.00. Upon receiving the bag I knew instantly it was a fake.

I sent it back and was assured the bag would be looked at by their Brands Team and a Third Party Authenticator. I then get an email saying the bag is authentic however Renee did not explain why there were so many defects, 1st one being a serial number that has no connection to LV! I knew this was a LIE. I googled Tradesy complaints, scams and fraud and read so many similar stories.

I contacted an authenticatior, Authentic First and told them my issues with pictures of the LV bag. For $8.00 they told me an hour later the bag was FAKE. Tradesy was contacted by Authentic First on my behalf and I also called them several times. I was told I can only talk to the returns department via email.

Tradesy responded that they received 2 of the exact same bags at the same time and mixed my results up, the bag I purchased was indeed a fake. What a crock! I believe Tradesy acted in bad faith and had I not PAID for a 3rd opinion I would be the owner of a $1310.00 REPLICA. My experience is just too close to other stories I've read online.

I am reporting Tradesy to the Federal Trade Commission as well as the ICAA and any other agency I can. If Tradesy is going to gaurentee 100 % authenticy and want to run as a respectable company I don't see why they would not require sellers to submit clear pictures of at least a serial number.

Comments

shoniej74
Reston, Virginia, United States #1253734

Good for you. My review has not posted yet but I almost had the same experience.

I will also be reporting them.

This is ridiculous. If I wanted a knock off I would look for one and not go to a site that guarantees authenticity.

Good for you! I'm glad you got your money back.

How scandalous. I detest knock-offs, and so many people don't know what to look for. Crooks just roll the dice, and wait to see if they're exposed. If caught and blocked, they simply log back in as a different person with a new email.

But if Tradesy is doing it, that's terrible. Good luck with your case.

johnnacalverase
Atlanta, Georgia, United States #945849

Their authentification process is horrible.

elenab

I am going through an apposite situation: sold a michael kors watch, they said its a replica. I provide solid proof its authentic (photos, same watch at dillards, proof of purchase, referral from my wholesaler) and demand that it is sent to the Michael Kors Service Center for written authentication. They are avoiding doing that at all costs and refuse to put me in contact to a manager above the returns team responsible for the allegations to begin with.

to elenab Boardman, Oregon, United States #965340

I am in the same situation with you now. May I know what happened to you after Tradesy said you're selling replica.

Can you continue using your Tradesy account? Or Tradesy block your account?