1.2K views
2.0

Sold on Tradesy for nearly a year. I always ship next day, provide excellent customer service and communicate with my customers.

One day, I was locked out of my account with no warning. After I contacted them, they stated it was due to I listed a replica David Yurman bracelet just because it looked similar (of course no DY markings). That was a complete lie. I wrote back with proof and links that my bracelet is being sold at jewelry and major department stores and is too general to be a replica.

I wrote several emails and they still haven't responded for over a week. I asked when my account would be reinstated and no response. It is unacceptable to shut someone's account down without notifying them and without a good and legal reason.

I have never been treated this way by any company. I'm a seller with their competitors, and they treat their sellers with complete respect.

Review about: Tradesy Account.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Comments

1) File a police report immediately, because something bad/wrong has occurred and it equates to a theft for you. You don't know who is behind the mystery lockdown and since TRADESY has not properly informed you, it might be anyone......

It is a theft of your money. Report it. The police will find out what happened to your account.

2) if you are owed money and or have a balance left in your account payable by TRADESY, and if you are unable to withdraw it due to account suspension/shutdown, then after 30 days you officially have a legal right to get collection.

You simply file a Small Claims Suit for it in Los Angeles where they are, and you can do this online. It is a brief and casual person-to-person type of lawsuit limited to under $10,000. No lawyers are allowed to represent either side. You simply fill your info in the boxes and briefly state the problem, "I had an account with ___ remaining!

on x date I was blocked from access, as of today I haven't received my payment for x y z items" It will cost about $100 for you to file it online. Trust me it is extremely easy and you will immediately recieve a court date. The court sends a letter to TRADESY letting them know of the lawsuit. Most likely, they will just release funds at that point as most companies do not want the expense and PR of court.

And they actually may no show to court instead, almost daring you to take it seriously. You should. This is exactly what small claims court was designed for. Be honest and simple with the judge.

Bring screenshots or dates to show the balance you have that's yours. You show up and they don't, judge immediately gives you winning judgement which is a legal paper saying you ca. Collect from them via legal means (literally you can ask Sherriff to go down to their office and demand payment or risk legal penalties.) Or they may send an employee represent them In court on that day, which doesn't change your story. You sold stuff and the money is yours.

Whether or not accounts are suspended you still have a right to any balance payout even when bank accounts are closed this is the rule. If you live far away ie very far another in state, you may be able to file the small claims in your local court. Just remember on the complaint form when you give the reason for choosing the location, you pick "it is where the transaction or sale took place".. They DEFINITELY won't fly out to the east coast for under $10K.

Try it. Everyone should try it.

It is easy and quick. They will stop this nonsense if we do.

Los Angeles, California, United States #900060

The same thing happened to me! So this is what I have been doing I post the direct link to this site on their own pages so all buyers can see what tradesy is really like! Tradesy of course suspends the account but it takes them a few hours to figure it out and if we all did this they would not be able to keep up

my account was also just suspended without warning. I still have over $1500 in escrow. I emailed them several times regarding my remaining balance but have not gotten any reply.

to Anonymous Littleton, Colorado, United States #899644

I'm really sorry! If you have the app installed on your phone or ipad, you may be able to withdraw money from completed sales that way, but the computer version locks you out completely.

to Anonymous #903275

Hi

Please share how you had it done. I am having 500 dollats in escrow that i want to transfer once it becomes available.

to nicki Littleton, Colorado, United States #903830

Hello, they lock you out on the computer, so the only way to do it is to go in on the app under Your Account and then Manage Payouts. My sales were all completed, so I'm guessing once your sales becomes available you should be able to. Good luck:)

to Anonymous Pompano Beach, Florida, United States #1042165

Another Unhappy Tradesy Seller- shut my account down with no warning. Over $2000 owed to me, no response to emails, customers messaging me and I can't reply.

Claiming I sold a replica item even though I have sales receipt from GUESS WHO? Tradesy! How messed up is that? SELLERS BEWARE!

I'd way rather deal with a reputable resell company like TheRealReal. Tradesy- I hope you fold!

I had the same issue. Shut down with no warning.

I'm still receiving emails from buyer wanting to know where there items are and why i'm not responding. They haven't bothered to respond to me or refund customers! I'm out several hundred dollars in shipped out product they have not reimbursed me for and they refuse to answer any of my emails.

I have only been selling for about 2 months and I have a great record.

I ship within 3 business days and always provide tracking to my buyers in messages in addition to loading on the site. They claimed I was being removed for violating their terms and conditions of drop shipping. They said they had received complaints about drop shipping. From who?

None of my customer complained to me about it and no where in their terms (I read them twice) did it restrict drop shipping. I can name dozens of other sellers that also drop ship on the website and have been doing it for quite a long time. I think Tradesy is a JOKE.

My poor customers don't have their money or their items and i'm out money I already spent on items shipped that haven't been reimbursed to me! Tradesy as a company are THIEVES!

to AngryFormerSeller Littleton, Colorado, United States #899652

That is absolutely terrible. It sounds like you're a good, honest seller, and I'm sorry this happened to you.

If they had an issue with dropshipping, you should have received a warning and a chance to plead your case or rectify the issue. To suspend and lock an account without explanation is beyond unprofessional. Their competitors do not treat their sellers this way. I sell for both Threadflip and PoshMark, and they are outstanding.

I have seen how they handle this with their sellers. There's so many new people on those sites who sell an item not allowed, like men's clothes, perfume, etc, and they remove the item, send the person an email and give them another chance. Many sellers on those sites never read the rules so they unknowingly break a rule. But Threadflip and PoshMark communicate with their sellers and give them a second chance.

In terms of holding someone's money, that's ridiculous. I asked about the money from my sales, and when I got no response, I was able to withdraw my completed sales money from the app on my phone.

I hope you get your situation resolved. This is the first time in my life I've ever filed a complaint or made a negative review - I'm not the type to do that, but their treatment prompted me to do so.

elenab
to AngryFormerSeller #942169

Hi, they tried doing the same thing to me: "you've been warned several times not to drop ship, remove your listings or your account will be suspended". I asked for the exact page and paragraph of this restriction on their user agreement.

Silence.

I asked for the exact verbiage. Silence.

to AngryFormerSeller #991606

Try it. Everyone should try it. It is easy and quick.

They will stop this nonsense if we do. Show less

similar happened to me. tradesy is the one who is a scam. they are the ones selling fakes on their "penny lane" closet.

to Anonymous Littleton, Colorado, United States #899654